Cloud platforms offer many business benefits; they provide scalability, cost savings, and operational efficiency. However, controlling your cloud environment can become more of a challenge when workloads, applications, and services grow. If this is the case, cloud management software can help you. These solutions improve the control and tracking of cloud infrastructure resources and data. With their help, the overall productivity and business successes increase. Below we highlight the top best cloud management programs and their brief reviews.
CloudZero is a cost analysis solution for cloud environments like AWS, Kubernetes, and Snowflake. A special feature of the platform is its high accuracy of cost and people, process, and product metadata generating metadata comparisons. The principle behind CloudZero is that it shares telemetry data and communicates it as clearly as possible in this way:
- Price per function – this is how you find out how much it costs to maintain a particular function
- Cost of the development team – find out what your employees are spending their resources on, what work processes
- Deployment costs – see how much it might cost to launch a feature and how it will affect your costs
- Project costs – be aware of project costs from start to finish. This will help you better allocate resources in the future
- Cost per client – determine the cost to serve each of your clients
- Cost per tenant – find out how much it costs to support individual tenants
Kubernetes is designed to simplify the deployment and management of containerized applications and microservers in any type of cloud (on-premises, private-public, or hybrid). Customers note its simple interface and flexible settings with self-healing capabilities. The application automates processes such as rollbacks and deployments, as well as load balancing and batch execution. The Kubernetes platform is designed to manage distributed systems on a large scale.
The main features of the Morpheus independent cloud management platform include:
- Creating a private cloud
- Managing a public cloud
- Hybrid cloud workload consolidation
- Optimization of Kubernetes management
The platform’s management capabilities allow administrators to control access, and authentication is included. All Morpheus features combine to create a powerful tool for managing the entire application development lifecycle.
Apache CloudStack Overview
Apache CloudStack is one of the most commonly used open source cloud management solutions. The provider delivers infrastructure as a service and can be used to create private and public clouds. Its key features include:
- Resource provisioning through a graphical interface
- Automation of cloud configuration
- Mass scalable infrastructure
- Easy-to-use APIs
- Support for seven hypervisors
Because CloudStack provides an out-of-the-box infrastructure, it is not flexible, and if you need more customization in building blocks, you might want to try OpenStack.
Terraform has very flexible features for interacting with cloud resources in any infrastructure. It can allocate, modify and version them both automatically and on demand. You can use the source code version to manage your stack however you want. Using the Terraform Cloud solution, your development team can run Terraform in a secure space, share it, and use it as storage. However, in the free version, more than a small number of people can do this, while the paid version supports more users.